Or:

Not a member? Sign Up

Forgot Password?

Signup with:

Or:

Already have an account? Log in

Shortcodes in MDW Widgets from Other Plugins

Home Forums Support Shortcodes in MDW Widgets from Other Plugins

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michał Krawczyk 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Version: MDW 4.3.10 PRO (demo)
  • Author

nielsen
    Participant

AM trying to include shortcodes from other plugins within one of the MDW widgets. For example, I’m using the Opening Hours WP plugin to manage our library’s business hours. It has shortcode. I wanted to include said shortcode to display the current open status within the MDF Features widget on a landing page, but it is not processing the shortcode. Is there a way to do that or add as a feature? Right now it appears we are limited to just html within the MDS widgets. Would be super fantastic to be able to integrate other plugin shortcodes into MDW as a framework.

Michał Krawczyk
    Participant

Hello Nielsen,

we do not support this plugin. Therefore it’s not possible to use it in our widgets. As you noticed, it is possible to accomplish your need by using html code. So far, it is an only way. We’re planning to create a schedule widget, but I’m not able to give you an exact date when it will occur. However be sure, that we’ll remember about this issue.

regards,
    Michal

nielsen
    Participant

OK. I thought I’ve seen other themes/plugins allow the processing of any shortcode within content text fields. I guess that was what I was hoping for, which would allow continuity of design. As is, I was able to use a text/html widget, but had to lift/mimic the MDW div template around the shortcode in order to make it look the same as the rest of the MDW widget content. Being able to add any shortcode to content areas would be supper cool. Another for example, we’ve invested in Ninja Forms, but your theme only directly integrates with CF7. Being able to use Ninja Forms shortcode would go a long way in transitioning to the pro paid MDW theme without losing existing functionality/integrations nor without being able to take advantage of the MDW design.

Michał Krawczyk
    Participant

I agree with all those issues you’ve mentioned. Those are also things we are fully aware of. However, because we’re still developing our theme and have limited time (and developers), we are not able to take care of all of it at the same time. So far we support only CF7, and of course, in the future, we’ll also integrate MDW with NF. We’ll do our best to increase the functionality but it is a step-by-step process. If you have other recommendations or ideas which would be useful for our theme, you’re more than welcome to share them with us.

regards,
    Michal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.