WordPress Slider widget
Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
Former component name: Carousel
It is possible to use the Slider not only as a Landing Page. We've also created Slider widget, which can be inserted into Blog, Ecommerce or Magazine Template. But MDW Slider widget has far more options to use in comparison with Fullscreen (or Halfscreen) Slider page template. While the former automatically inserts 3 latest posts in the slider, the latter does not add anything automatically - you can (and have to) define the number of the posts yourself. This widget allows you additionally to add the slider with any photos you'll upload - with a Caption Title and Caption. To make the text more visible, you can add a mask on this images, which makes the photos darker.
- Go to the
Widgetsand add drag
MDW Sliderwidget into (e.g.)
Blog page widget area.
- Firstly, I will show you how to use the Slider widget in the way it works in the page template.
- Make sure, that you're in a
Feed poststab. Here you use the Slider in a way as template works. However while Fullscreen Slider displays 3, and only 3 latest posts, in the widget you are able to choose an infinite number of the recent posts (not recommended).
- Now, choose the way in which your Slider will appear on the website in the
Animationcollapse bar. You may also leave it as it is.
- Type the title which will be displayed above the Slider. The color of the bar will be the same as the theme color you've chosen in the Theme settings (Theme settings lesson).
- Choose the number of the posts.
Mask coloris a previously mentioned option to make the photos darker and therefore texts more visible.
- Choose the page where you want to insert the widget in the
Page to display it.
Box layoutis defining whether you want to make your slider stretched on the full screen - Full width, or keep relatively fixed width - boxed (it is still responsive, but in the bigger screens it will not stretch).
- The second option is to create Slider without the posts, but with the images and/or descriptions.
- Click on the second tab -
- Add the title.
Add image. Then
- When your photo is uploaded, add the Caption title and the Caption.
- Add as many images as you want, but remember to keep everything aesthetic.
- Don't forget to set the
Page to display widgetand
- Save your Slider and go to the page where you've added the widget to check how it looks.