5 min Quick Start – WordPress installation and theme activation
Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
I. WordPress Installation
- Go to http://www.wordpress.org and download the latest version. You'll get the .zip file. Therefore, you need to extract it.
- Using FTP client like FileZilla, connect to your FTP server specifying the
password(you should receive that information from your hosting provider).
- Once connected, copy all of the extracted WordPress files and paste them into your main server folder.
- Now, navigate to
wp-content/themesand paste extracted MDW theme folder there. After this procedure, you can close FileZilla
- Now open your website (http://mydomain.com/ where mydomain.com is your website address), you should see installation screen.
Let’s go!button, and fill the form on next screen with database credentials - you should receive them from your hosting provider or create yourself using your hosting panel administrator - that depends on the company providing you a hosting for your website.
- Fill the form with data which we submitted before:
Database Name database_name
User Name database_username
Database host: database_host
Table Prefix: wp_
- Then click Submit.
- In next step, you have to specify your WordPress site name, username, and password of the administrator. Fill them and finish the installation process. Once you do that, your website should be available at http://mydomain.com/ and admin panel: http://mydomain.com/wp-admin/
II. MDW Theme installation and activation
- Your theme is installed, but not yet activated. In your dashboard go to the
- Hover the mouse over the MDW Theme. The activation button will appear immediately. Click on
- Now MDW Theme is activated and ready to use. You should receive the following info from the WP: "New theme activated."
If something went wrong and you don't have MDW Theme in the Themes section, don't worry. The following method will help you set the theme manually:
- Like in a first method, go to the
Appearancesand then click on
- Now click
Add newbutton next to Themes heading on the top of the website.
- Almost in the same place as earlier
button will appear, so click it.
Choose filebutton and find the MDW Theme .zip file, then:
Activate. Otherwise, MDW Theme won't be set.