Chapter V – Carousel Widget
Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
It is possible to use the Carousel not only as a Landing Page. We've also created Carousel widget, which can be inserted into Blog, Ecommerce or Magazine Template. But MDW Carousel widget has far more options to use in comparison with Full (or Half) Carousel Page. While Carousel Template automatically inserts 3 latest posts in the slider, Carousel widget does not add anything automatically - you can (and have to) define the number of the posts yourself. This widget allows you additionally to add the carousel with any photos you'll upload - with a Caption Title and Caption. To make the text more visible, you can add a mask on this images, which makes the photos darker.
- Go to the
Widgetsand add drag
MDW Carouselwidget into (e.g.)
Blog page widget area.
- Firstly, I will show you how to use the Carousel widget in the way it works in the page template.
- Make sure, that you're in a
Feed poststab. Here you use the Carousel in a way Carousel Template works. However while Page Carousel displays 3, and only 3 latest posts, in the widget you are able to choose an infinite number of the recent posts (not recommended).
- Now, choose the way in which your carousel will appear on the website in the
Animationcollapse bar. You may also leave it as it is.
- Type the title which will be displayed above the carousel. The color of the bar will be the same as the theme color you've chosen in the Theme settings (Theme settings lesson).
- Choose the number of the posts.
Mask coloris a previously mentioned option to make the photos darker and therefore texts more visible.
- Choose the page where you want to insert the widget in the
Page to display it.
Box layoutis defining whether you want to make your carousel stretched on the full screen - Full width, or keep relatively fixed width - boxed (it is still responsive, but in the bigger screens it will not stretch).
- The second option is to create Carousel without the posts, but with the images and/or descriptions.
- Click on the second tab -
- Add the title.
Add image. Then
- When your photo is uploaded, add the Caption title and the Caption.
- Add as many images as you want, but remember to keep everything aesthetic.
- Don't forget to set the
Page to display widgetand
- Save your Carousel and go to the page where you've added the widget to check how it looks.