Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
Before you start
If you've skipped the lesson about the Page Templates, go back and learn how to add the Landing Page in
Pages. Without that, your Intro widget will not work at all.
- Go to the
Widgets. On the left side, you have a variety of available widgets. On the right side, you have areas in which widgets can be assign. Find
Landing page intro area.
- Let's use for this example
MDW Intro CTA Buttons. You may also try another intro widgets like
MDW Intro: APP,
MDW Intro: Contact Form,
MDW Intro: Minimalist,
MDW Intro: Signupor
MDW Intro: Video(You may check the live preview of the Intro Pages here).
- Now let's edit our new widget. Add the
Content. You may insert there any text you want. It's up to you.
- OK, it's time to add a link to the particular website. Paste the link of the website in the
Button href. Name the
Button text, choose the icons (click on the flag) and the color (click on the horizontal bar below the flag). You one or two buttons in this widget.
- Don't forget to set a background image. Click on
Select image, then
- Now you have to choose the image. Remember to choose one with a high resolution, because it will cover the whole screen.
- Next, click
- Set the
Page to display widget. Click on the collapsible bar and choose the page with a Landing Page Template.
- To use your Landing Page as a front page on your website, you have to change the settings. Go to the
- Near the
Front page displayslabel you can see two available options. Choose
A static pagethen select as the Front Page your page with a Landing Page template. Save the changes.
- Open your page in a new tab to check if your Landing Page has been set properly.
It's important to use
Intro widgetsonly in the
Intro area. If you put any other widget in the intro area, it will work. However, it will be placed in wrong tags in your HTML code. In a result, your website positioning will be worse than usual. On the other hand, in the Landing page widget area, you can put any widget you want.