Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
- Go to the
Plugins/Add Newand find "Loco Translate".
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Now, navigate to the
Themes. That's where you'll be able to start translating your website.
- Now click on the name of the theme you want to translate - in this case - MDW.
- Since you have not created any language translation so far in your theme, you won't find any language. Therefore, click
New language. You can add as many languages as you want.
- Choose your WordPress language and select a location - we recommend to use the
Authorlocation. Then click
- Now in the
Source text, you will see the list of the words and phrases which can be translated. Select any label and make a translation in the
Polish translationarea. The label and flag of the language you've chosen will be displayed here (instead of "Polish"). I've chosen translation into polish, therefore in the image below you see "Polish translation" label.
- Whenever you edit any item, it will be marked with the star icon. You may translate as many words or phrases as you want, but always remember to click
Syncbutton, otherwise, your website won't be translated.
- Next important step is to choose the translated language in the WordPress settings. Go to the
Site languageon the bottom of the website. Choose your language and press
Save Changes. Now your website is available in your language.