Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
- Go to the Appearance and Menus. Name your new menu (e.g., Navbar), and click "Create Menu".
- You may add any link to the Navbar - to the pages, posts, categories or even to the other websites.
- On the left side in the
Categoriessections find and select whatever you want to be in your Navbar.
- Then click
Add to Menu- items will immediately appear in the
Menu Structureon the right.
- Don’t forget to tick
Navbar Menuin the
Menu Settingsbelow the
Menu Structure. Otherwise, it will be impossible to upload the proper documentation which will allow WordPress to add your Navbar.
- Next step is to go to the
MDW Configand then
- To make Navbar visible, select
Sidenav & Navbarif you want to have them both). In comparison with Sidenav, Navbar has more styles of appearance:
Basic- Navbar visible, but it hides when you scroll it down
Fixed top- visible all the time, even if you scroll down the page
Fixed bottom- same as
Fixed top, but Navbar is on the bottom
Scrolling- Navbar is becoming shorter while scrolling down the page, but up to the fixed point.
- If everything is ready, click
Save and publish.
- It is possible to nest one item in another to receive collapsable menu item like in an image below.
- Go to the
Appearance/Menus. Select a Sidenav menu and add a new item.
- Now drag your new item - under the item where you want to nest it into, then move it slowly to the right until rectangle dashed line skip to the nested position (see the image).
- Repeat the process for the other items you want to nest.
- Save the changes.