Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
- Go to the
Menus. Name your new menu (e.g., Sidenav), and click "Create Menu".
- You may add to the Sidenav any link - to the pages, posts, categories or even to the other websites.
- On the left side in the
Categoriessections find and select whatever you want to be in your Sidenav.
- Then click
Add to Menu- items will immediately appear in the
Menu Structureon the right.
Sidenav Menuin the
Menu Settingsbelow the
Menu Structure. Otherwise, it will be impossible to upload the proper documentation which will allow WordPress to add your Sidenav.
- Next important step is to go to the
MDW Configand then
- To make Sidenav visible select
Sidenav & Navbarif you've already created the Navbar) and
Sidenav type. If you choose
Hidden, then Sidenav will appear only when a user clicks on the icon in the top left corner.
- If everything is ready, click
Save and publish.
- It is possible to nest one item in another to receive a collapsible item like in an image below.
- Go to the
Appearance/Menus. Select a Navbar menu and add a new item.
- Now drag your new item - under the item where you want to nest it into, then move it slowly to the right until rectangle dashed line skip to the nested position (see the image).
- Repeat the process for the other items you want to nest.
- Save the changes.