Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
There is no simpler way to register than use OAuth protocol along with one of the social platforms like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. If you don't know what oAuth is - no worries, you do not have to. MDW takes care of it and allows you to enable registration on your website using Facebook or another social network.
- Go to Facebook for developers website
Add a New Appfrom the Apps menu at the top.
- Choose the
Websiteplatform, then type the name of your app below the
Quick start for Website, and click
Create New Facebook App ID.
- Fill out
Contact Email, choose a category and click
Create App ID.
- In the next step you may be asked to verify whether you're a real person, so follow the instructions.
- Now, click on
Skip Quick Start, we don't need it (of course, you may do that if you want, but it is not necessary - it contains instructions about the configuration). You'll be moved directly to the dashboard.
- Go to
Settingsand click on
Add Platform. Choose
Websiteand enter your website URL in
Site URLand click
Save changes. Then, find
App Domainsand paste there the same URL address. Save changes.
- Go to the
App Review. Choose "Yes" where facebook asks whether make App public or not. Do not close the facebook developer page yet, you will need the
APP IDnumber and
- Go back to WP admin page. Navigate to
MDW Config/Integrations/Social Configuration. Choose
Yeswhere it says Allow linking accounts.
- Now it's the time when your credentials will be useful. Copy and paste
Secret IDin the boxes under the
- First, go to Twitter Apps
- Create a new application.
- Fill out any required fields such as the application name and description.
- Provide this URL as the Callback URL for your application:
- Go back to the MDW Config Panel and past the created application credentials (Consumer Key and Secret) into the boxes above.
- Open in a new tab Google API Manager
- On the Dashboard sidebar click on Project then click “Create Project”.
- Next go to the
Social APIs/Google+ API.
ENABLEand in the sidenav of the left
Credentials. Now click
Create credentials. Choose
OAuth client ID.
- Because you have not set your product info yet, Google will ask you to do that. Without that, you won't be able to proceed. So, click on
Configure consent screen.
- Type your page name. For now it's enough. Click
- You're back in the Credentials page. Select application type, in this case
Web application. Fill the
Name, which can be the same as your
- After that put your website domain in the
- Provide the following URL in the
Authorized redirect URIfield:
- When you click
Createapplication credentials will popup. Copy them and go to the your WP Dasboard. Navigate to
MDW Config/Integrations/Social Configuration. Paste credentials under the
Googe Plusheader. Don't forget select
Allow linking accounts. Save the changes.