Written by Michał Krawczyk ,
- Go to the
Pluginsand click on
Add newbutton, near the "Plugins" Headline.
- Find the Woocommerce Plugin in the search and install it. You also have to activate it. Therefore, click
Activate. In your sidenav in the dashboard, two additional labels will appear: "WooCommerce" and "Products".
- Once installed and activated, the plugin needs to be configured. Follow the instructions.
- Firstly, you will be welcomed, then in the next page in a few paragraphs, the most important keywords will be introduced.
- In the next step, you will be asked about the location of your store, currency and measurements units.
- Next card is about the shipping methods and taxes. You don't have to specify all of the options now, you may skip it and edit later.
- Payments is another step which can be edited later. There are a variety of available options, which is another advantage of this plugin.
- Finally, you've completed all steps. Now you're ready to set up your store.
- If you have set the environment, it's time to add the products and use the MDW ecommerce widget. Just after the first configuration, in the last card, you will see the button which can move you to the Product section, where you will be adding all of your products. So, click
Create your first product!button.
- Now add the name of your product.
- Scroll down to the
Product data section. It should look like in the image below:
- First things first. Set the price of your first product. In the future, you'll probably run some sale campaigns, then you'll set also the sale price of your products. Now, leave it blank.
- Next important section is
Inventory. It's a place where you assign the stock-keeping unit and whether your product is available in the stock or not. (
- Now let's make a description of your product. Below the card you've just edited there is a place where you can edit
Product short description. It will be displayed below the price.
- Another important step is an assignment of the product pictures. On the right side of your dashboard, there are 2 sections:
Product Gallery. Choose the main picture and if you want to, add more into the gallery (if you want to add multiple images at a time in the gallery, hold CTRL button while selecting photos). You may also add media inside the
Product Short Descriptionsection.
- If your description and images are uploaded, click
- Now, add a few more products and go to the
Categoriesare useful especially when you have a lot of different kinds of products. Then, categorization is crucial to easy navigation. So, hoover at
Productsand choose the
Categories. Type the name of the category, slug and add the category image. On the right side, you will see all of the added categories. Why have we added the products instead of the categories first? Because if you
- More detailed description of Woocommerce product options will be presented in the future tutorials.
MDW Ecommerce widget
- You have added product and categories. Now it's time to work on the appearance of the page where your stuff will be displayed.
- Go to the
Widgets, then drag and drop the
MDW ecommercewidget into the
Ecommerce page widget area.
- Here you have 5 available versions. Choose the one you prefer and type the Title and the Content, which will be displayed above your products. Remember, that Fourth version is not using particular products, but categories (with the photos you've assigned to them).
- I suppose, that you've already created the page using Ecommerce template (if not, please go back to the Ecommerce lesson). Choose that page as a
Page to display widget.
- Remember that our widget allows you to use two display options - all categories or one of your choice. Therefore, you may add this widget using different versions for the different categories of products like in the picture below.
- Don't forget to save the changes.